Instructions for multi-track exporting and delivery
My goal is to have all the content needed to easily recreate your most recent rough/ref mix and then improve upon that.
- Please print all tracks with the inserts on. Just make sure gain staging is good so there’s no clipping.
- Feel free to consolidate multiple tracks that make up one source
- Example 1: 3 kicks that make up one sound
- Example 2: Left and Right guitar doubles can be panned and printed to 1 stereo file.
- If you love something then committing is fine! If you’re happy with it now then let’s lock it in and commit!
- Please commit any vocal tuning
- Please commit any sidechained effects
- Please include a dry lead vocal
- Please ensure all tracks are properly labeled. (Track name only)
- When labeling the folder please also include the Bpm
- Please export all files from 00:00:00
- Please ensure all edits have been crossfaded (no clicks)
- You’re welcome to include FX returns as well but ideally each return is for it’s own instrument. (ie: returns for just lead, just bgvs, just drums, etc) That way if I use them and stems need to be printed, I can still use those returns for the stems.
- Please include your most recent mix with the multi-tracks for me to reference.
- Once all files are in the folder and good to deliver, you can zip that folder and either email a download link to email@example.com or upload here.
- You can also go to my pre-mix survey to let me know more about what you’re looking for.